Knowing more about finishes and features on your jeans
There are many type of jeans styles, with different finishes, done to the jeans with extra details after the garments have been finished, such as wash processes done with newest technologies, or sometimes different features are applied to them, we will show you the type of features and finishes so you know more about them today.
“Jeans with different features, finishes, washes, fits are done to meet everyone’s demands, as all of us can go to a store and find the perfect pair for our very own style”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.
- Distressed jeans – Have you tried them? If you want to go for a “rough life” style, you should try with a pair of distressed jeans, this type of finish is done with a worn appearance, frayed around the hems and a few holes every here and there on the garment, jeans for bad boys.
- Crosshatch – Jeans with great look, thanks to the crisscross weave that composed the fabric.
- Slub – The slub jeans have an incredible texture effect thanks to the woven done with uneven yarns.
- Destroyed – These are the perfect jeans for those who like to look like survivors showing their “battle scars”, these type of jeans have more treatments than the distressed ones, with ripped or torn fabric, many of them are even stitched back again to look as if they were intentionally “repaired” by hand.
- Stretch – The perfect pair of jeans to feel comfortable with, these jeans have a combination of spandex on the fabric composition, which makes them great to adjust on any type of body.
- Pintuck jeans – If you like to have a tailored look, these jeans are perfect with the crease down to the front of the legs.
- Painted – These jeans are taking more popularity with the paint splattered over the fabric, making them look as if you had a fight with the paint and lost it.
“There are many different applications that can be done to the jeans, such as patches, paint, jewelry, embroidery, stains, color, holes, and many other different finishes in order to a pair of jeans outstand from the rest”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.