Vintage or retro clothing? What’s the difference?
It is very usual to hear about vintage or retro clothing and we usually are confused but the difference is very clear.
What is vintage clothing?
Vintage: These are clothes that you bought on a swap meet or that you took it out from your grandma’s closet. These clothes were designed and manufactured like more than twenty years ago.
What is retro clothing?
Retro: These are clothes created in the present but inspired or recreating an old fashion era.
Example: You can have a dress from the 50’s (this will be a vintage look) and you can also have a dress inspired and made based on the 50’s (this will be a retro look).
Tips to use vintage or retro clothing:
- When you use vintage or retro clothes combined them with actual trending clothes so you don’t look like a Halloween costume.
- If you find a piece of clothing at a vintage store and you just love it but it does not fit you, check if you can have a chance that it can be adjusted to your size, dressmakers can do magic!!
- Send your just purchased used clothes immediately to the laundry cleaner.
- Investing on vintage clothing is an excellent decision because no one else will have the same clothes.
- You can wear your grandma’s or mom’s clothes and they will be very happy to somehow come alive again their golden years.
Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim informed that they are doing a project for one of their customers where they are reprocessing some already made garments in order to give a vintage look. “ Everybody wants the vintage look, and now is easier to get it more than ever thanks to the all dry processing options we have, I really think this is going to be a hit”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.