How to add elastic to your jeans?
If you have a pair of jeans that feel now too tight, it might be because the pants can shrink after a few washes. If you want to feel comfortable with your jeans, you might give them extra space by adding elastic to the waistband. The steps are quite simple, so if you want to know how to do it, keep on reading this article.
“There are many advantages to own a pair of jeans, you can always change them according to your needs, to make them shorter, tighter or add details to them that will make them unique”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, about this topic.
Here it is what you will have to do to add elastic to your jeans and make them bigger:
- Iron your jeans; make sure they are free from wrinkles or folds.
- Measure the waist of the jeans and your waist to know how much elastic you will need to use.
- Divide the elastic in two.
- Make a mark at the sides of the waistband and make a cut over the mark.
- Place one end of the elastic in one of the cuts you did on the waistband.
- Fasten the elastic with a not on the inner waistband.
- Place the other end of the elastic at the other end of the cut.
- Repeat the step with the second elastic that you cut.
If you want more space in your jeans, you can also cut part of the waistband and replace it with elastic, but keep in mind once this is done, you will not be able to return the jeans to their original shape.
“You can always find new ways to give more life to your jeans, such as turning them into a different garment or recycling them for other purposes. Jeans are basic on the closet and if you give them the right care, you can have them with you for years”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.