Turning your normal jeans into a vintage version
Vintage jeans are now a trend, and many persons love this style. If you want to have your own pair of vintage jeans, you can do them yourself, and we will tell you how.
“One of the many advantages of having a pair of jeans is that you can give them new life by recycling them, turning them into a different item or garment or every modifying them to look completely different”, advised Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
If you want to turn your jeans into a vintage version, follow these easy steps:
- Always choose an old pair of jeans, remember you are experimenting, so things might not be perfect the first time you try.
- Prepare a solution of bleach (1 part) with water (3 parts). Do not use bleach only as it might damage your jeans or weaken the thread, it is very important to mix it with water.
- Assign an especial place to work, a bath tub is perfect.
- Wear old clothes, in case bleach splashes out, you would not want to ruin your clothes. Also remember wearing clothes.
- Wet your jeans before you start working with them.
- Place newspaper or carton inside of the legs.
- Submerge a sponge on the liquid and place it over your jeans. You can also apply the liquid with a toothbrush or an old paintbrush.
- After the work is done, rinse out your jeans in cold water and then in a wash cycle.
Remember that your jeans can change their color depending on the denim’s color. For example, black jeans can turn into orange on the places you apply bleach on.
“You can always work on an old pair of jeans and personalize them so they reflect part of your own style”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.