How to give new life to your old jeans this spring?
Spring is really near, so many girls will start renewing their wardrobe, getting rid of old clothes and buying new ones, but today we have a proposal for you, how about giving new life to your old jeans instead of throwing them away by turning them into a new pair of denim shorts? If you want to know more, keep on reading this article.
“Jeans offer many unique characteristics, and one of them is that you can easily work with them at home to personalize them according to your style and recycle them to turn them into an item for home or a new garment”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.
If you want to dress comfortably this spring, denim shorts are perfect for you, but instead on investing money to buy them, why not recycling an old pair of jeans that you are not wearing anymore? Here it is how you can do it at home.
You will need:
- Measuring tape
- Threads of different colors
- Printed fabric or lace patchwork
And here it is what you need to do:
- Measure the jeans to know the length of your new shorts, which will depend on your own style.
- Place patchworks around your short, set them with pins and sew them later. You can open the side seams of your new shorts and add the lace patchwork there.
- You can look edgy denim shorts if you leave the loose thread hanging down.
- There are other things you can add to your shorts in order to make them unique, such as patches, embroidery or rhinestones.
It is very easy to turn an old pair of jeans into new shorts that you can wear this season.
“There are many different reasons why jeans are so popular nowadays, and one of them is because denim lovers like changing them to make them unique and turn them into a different garment when they are old, to give them extra life”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.